In 2019, the Town of Thompson set out to update its methods for communicating with residents, visitors, and businesses. With the rise of smartphones and digital technology, we realized that more people than ever want local information and resources – right at their fingertips.
Now, the Town of Thompson has made this improved communication vision a reality. Discover 5 ways you can connect with YOUR Town…the Town of Thompson.
1) Explore This Website!
Welcome to our new website, launched in late 2019! We’re glad you’re here – and want to point out a few features we think you’ll find useful:
• Discover Exciting Projects The Town of Thompson is committed to improving and enhancing the area for those who live, work, and visit here. See what is currently in progress – or on the horizon – by viewing the latest community and economic development initiatives.
• View Town Board Agendas and Minutes All Town of Thompson Board meetings and minutes are available for public viewing online, right here!
• Access Permits and Applications From STAR exemption forms to operating permits, there are dozens of permits and applications you can view, download, and print from our website.
• Find Out “How Do I…” Get quick step-by-step instructions and documents for commonly requested Town services like answering a traffic ticket, getting a marriage license, or paying property taxes. Just click on How Do I…? in the main menu of this website.
• Keep Reading the Thompson Up Close Blog Thank you for reading our new blog, we’ll continue to post in-depth articles throughout the year. Check back often!
2) Sign Up for Town of Thompson Alerts Via Text or Email
The Town of Thompson wants to help keep you safe. That’s why you can subscribe to free alerts sent via text or email by clicking here. From the sign-up page, you can choose which types of alerts you’d like from the following list: bid postings, street closings, boil water orders, job postings, Town Board meetings and announcements, youth football and soccer announcements, police advisories and alerts, and Sullivan County weather alerts.
3) Subscribe to the Talk of the Town e-Newsletter
In addition to emergency alerts, the Town of Thompson sends out an e-newsletter that offers a more in-depth look at your Town. You’ll receive links to the latest Thompson Up Close blogs, Town of Thompson staff profiles, helpful tips and resources, and more. This e-newsletter is sent every few months. You can sign up here, and unsubscribe at any time.
4) Follow Town of Thompson on Facebook
The Town of Thompson is now on Facebook! Follow the Follow the Town on Facebook to see what’s new. You’ll find helpful tips for every season, plus links to interesting articles, and much more. We also use Facebook to provide urgent alerts and updates as well as office closing or Town Board meeting cancellations due to weather.
5) Visit Us In Person
Even as technology advances, there’s no substitute for face-to-face interactions with your local government. You are always invited to attend public Town Board meetings. You can review the agenda for each meeting as well as official board minutes after the meeting concludes. Just visit the Agendas and Minutes section of our website.
The Town of Thompson Town Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:30-4:30pm except for national holidays, and in the event of inclement weather. Some departments have varying hours, so feel free to call ahead before coming to the Town Hall: 845-794-2500.